RCB Vs DC – IPL 2021 Match #22 Quick Review! Ishant-Avesh’s spell, AB de Villiers’ 75*, Pant’s struggle, Kohli’s captaincy, Harshal-Siraj at the day, and Hetmyer’s blitz were some of the highlights of the day.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Toss: DC won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Narendra Modi Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad
Umpires: Sundaram Ravi & Virender Sharma
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 1 run.
- Scores: RCB 171-5 Vs DC 170-4
- Player of the Match: AB de Villiers
- Best Figures
- Ishant Sharma – 1/26
- Harshal Patel – 2/37
- Most Runs
- AB de Villiers – 75* (42)
- Rishabh Pant – 58* (48), Shimron Hetmyer – 53* (25)
Moments of The Day:
The IPL is full of surprises and memorable moments. Here are my moments of today:
- AB de Villiers already has scores of 48, 76*, and 75* in the six innings in IPL 2021 and yet, he has only finished games so far. Coming in at 60-3 in 8.3 overs, he stitched a partnership with Rajat Patidar, who scored an attacking 31*(22). Final over, DC took a gamble with Marcus Stoinis, and ABD launched him to all parks for a 23-run over. That was the difference between the two sides. Imagine what if he bats at #3 instead of #5?
- When Stoinis departed, DC were struggling at 92/4 in 12.4 overs. In came Shimron Hetmyer, hit 4 sixes (including 21 in an over to Kyle Jamieson) and changed the game. It is a pity that he did not face the last few deliveries. Who knows, the result may have been different had he been on strike. Helped DC’s net-run-rate though.
- Mohammad Siraj & Harshal Patel gave a combined 81 runs in 8 overs, but their impact was much more valuable. Harshal has been the most impressive bowler of IPL 2021 (barring the 37-run Ravindra Jadeja over) and took Shaw’s wicket right away today. Siraj’s ball to get rid of Steven Smith was a gem as well. After Hetmyer’s 21-run assault, DC only needed 23 in 2 overs. Harshal’s slower deliveries and Siraj’s yorkers sealed the game for RCB by 1-run.
Honorable Mention: Glenn Maxwell’s 2 sixes – 25 (20); Back-to-back bowleds to Virat Kohli (by Avesh Khan) & Devdutt Padikkal (by Ishant Sharma); Steven Smith’s catches
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Rishabh Pant Struggles
- Rishabh Pant has had a glorious few months in international cricket, solidifying his place in the Indian team and becoming DC’s captain after Shreyas Iyer’s injury. Today was the first day that everything Pant touched did not turn to gold. Although Pant held the innings together, he could not take them home. Usually if he stays till the end, you would say DC wins. He ended with 58* (48), which included 2 fours of the last over. At one point, Pant was 41 (40), while Hetmyer moved to 47 (21).
No worries though. Expect Pant to learn from this and bounce back quickly.
IPL 2021 Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap Leaders
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Shikhar Dhawan – 265 runs (DC, 6 matches)
- Harshal Patel – 17 wickets (RCB, 6 matches)
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Royal Challengers Bangalore||6||5||1||0||10||+0.089|
|2. Chennai Super Kings||5||4||1||0||8||+ 1.612|
|3. Delhi Capitals||6||4||2||0||8||+ 0.269|
|4. Mumbai Indians||5||2||3||0||4||-0.032|
|5. Kolkata Knight Riders||6||2||4||0||4||-0.305|
|6. Punjab Kings||6||2||4||0||4||-0.608|
|7. Rajasthan Royals||5||2||3||0||4||-0.681|
|8. Sunrisers Hyderabad||5||1||4||0||2||-0.18|
Chennai Super Kings take on Sunrisers Hyderabad, battle of two extremes (#2 Vs #8).
Also, if you have not yet read our IPL Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- Chennai Super Kings – CSK Preview
- Delhi Capitals – DC Preview
- Kolkata Knight Riders – KKR Preview
- Mumbai Indians – MI Preview
- Punjab Kings – PBKS Preview
- Rajasthan Royals – RR Preview
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – RCB Preview
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – SRH Preview
Copyright (2021: 4/12/2021)– @Nitesh Mathur, aka Nit-X – email@example.com