Bangladesh Vs Oman Quick Review – Shakib Al Hasan’s all-round performance with support from Naim and the Fizz made sure that the Tigers are still alive in the World T20.
Nerves were palpable as Bangladesh gave it their all to ensure they do not go out. Oman have points to ponder before their third game.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Toss: Bangladesh won the toss and chose to bat first.
Venue: Al Amerat Cricket Ground, Muscat, Oman
Umpires: Ahsan Raza & Chris Gaffaney
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Bangladesh won by 26 runs
- Scores: Bangladesh 153/10 – Oman 127/9
- Player of the Match: Shakib Al Hasan
- 42 (29) & 3/28
- Best Figures
- Bilal Khan – 3/18
- Mustafizur Rahman – 4/36
- Most Runs
- Mohammad Naim – 64 (50)
- Jatinder Singh – 40 (33)
Moments of The Day: Naim, Shakib Key In Bangladesh’s Must-Win Victory
- Mohammad Naim’s selection bring changes in fortune. Under dire circumstances, Bangladesh tried to change everything. Pushing Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah down the order and bringing Mahedi-Nurul-Afif up the order. Although this did not work, Naim’s selection over Sarkar did wonders. His 64 (50) set the platform for a decent total.
- Shakib Al Hasan is back to form in a World Cup again. He was not the highest wicket taker today nor was he the highest run scorrer, but he kept Bangladesh together with contributions from both sides.
- A word on Bilal Khan – 4-0-18-3 today. He is providing Oman the swing and wickets at the front and is a joy to watch. Hope we get to see more of him.
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: The Collapse
- At 81-2, Oman were in the game but ended with only 127/9 with collapse at 105/7. The net run-rate could be important at the end of this group.
T20 World Cup Points Table, Stat Alert
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Max O’Dowd – 121 runs (Netherlands, 2 Matches)
- Mahesh Theekshana – 6 wickets (Sri Lanka, 2 Matches)
- Jatinder Singh (Oman, 2 Matches) – 4 catches
- Matthew Cross (Scotland, 2 Match) – 4 dismissals
Group B Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Scotland||2||2||0||0||4||+ 0.575|
|2. Oman||2||1||1||0||2||+ 0.613|
|3. Bangladesh||2||1||1||0||2||– 0.500|
|4. Papua New Guinea||2||0||2||0||0||– 1.867|
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review – Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review – Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review – Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review – Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 10/20/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer – Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah – Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images