Ireland Vs Netherlands – T20 World Cup 2021 Match #3 Quick Review! Curtis Campher, Mark Adair Destroy Netherlands
Ireland Vs Netherlands Quick Review – Campher’s 4 in 4 highlights Ireland’s first victory over Netherlands in a T20 World Cup. Historic win.
Team selection an issue for the Dutch.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Scorecard: Ireland Vs Netherlands Video Highlights
Toss: Netherlands won the toss and chose to bat first.
Venue: Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Umpires: Marais Erasmus & Rod Tucker
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Ireland won by 7 wickets
- Scores: Netherlands 106/10 – Ireland 107/3
- Player of the Match: Curtis Campher
- Best Figures
- Curtis Campher – 4/26 (& Mark Adair 4-0-9-3)
- Fred Klassen – 1/18
- Most Runs
- Max O’Dowd – 51(47)
- Gareth Delany – 44 (29)
Moments of The Day: Ireland Medium Pacers, Top Order Give Them First Victory in T20 World Cup Over Netherlands
- Curtis Campher’s historic 4 in 4 rules the day for Ireland. Netherlands were nudging along nicely at 51/2 with Max O’Dowd stabilizing the innings. Then came the young all-rounder. Caught behind, LBW, LBW, bowled. Ackerman, Ryan Ten Doeschate, Scott Edwards, Roelof van der Merwe. Netherlands 51/6. Campher joins Rashid Khan & Lasith Malinga. Second T20 World Cup hat-trick after Brett Lee in the inaugural 2007 T20 WC.
- Mark Adair restricts Netherlands – History repeats itself, or does it? The day before Ireland were at a similar position before coming back to score 140. At 88-6 with Max O’Dowd still there, anything could have happened. Not to be though after Adair took his wicket and ended with miserly figures of 4-0-9-3.
- Paul Stirling, Gareth Delany finish it off. Stirling’s uncharacteristic 30* (39) ensured no collapses for Ireland. However it was Delany’s 44* (29) with 5 fours and 2 sixes that made sure Ireland win with a comfortable net run rate.
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: RTD and RVDM
- Ryan Ten Doeschate and Roelof Van der Merwe, Dutch legends, came back to the international squad for this World Cup after employing their trades in T20 cricket and County cricket for a few years. However, the rustiness was apparent as they were victims of the 4 in 4.
Also Read: South African Cricketers Who Play For Other Countries: Labuschagne, Neil Wagner,…Can you Guess the Rest?
Tweet of the Day
Is it 4 in 4 or a double hat-trick? Have your say? Lots of debate yesterday.
Why is 4 wickets in 4 balls being called a double hat trick? Last I looked a hat trick is 3 in 3. So double that is 6 in 6. You don’t get a double hundred if you score 101— Alex Duffell (@alex_duffell) October 18, 2021
T20 World Cup Points Table, Stat Alert
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Jatinder Singh – 73* runs (Oman, 1 Match)
- Zeeshan Mahmood – 4 wickets (Oman, 1 Match)
- Calum MacLeod (Scotland, 1 Match) – 3 catches
- Zane Green (Namibia, 1 Match), Neil Rock (Ireland, 1 Match) – 1 dismissal
Group A Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Sri Lanka||1||1||0||0||2||+ 2.607|
|2. Ireland||1||1||0||0||2||+ 1.755|
|3. Netherlands||1||0||1||0||0||– 1.755|
|4. Namibia||1||0||1||0||0||– 2.607|
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review – Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review – Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review – Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review – Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 10/19/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer – Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah – Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images