Australia Vs England – T20 World Cup 2021 Match #26 Quick Review! Australia Need Introspection As World Beaters England Nudge Them Away
Australia Vs England Quick Review – Questions for Australia as England keep their winning run.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Toss: England won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai, UAE
Umpires: Marais Erasmus & Nitin Menon
What Actually Happened
- Winner: England won by 8 wickets
- Scores: Australia 125/10 England 126/2
- Player of the Match: Chris Jordan 3/17
- Best Figures
- Chris Jordan (4-0-17-3)
- Ashton Agar (2.4-0-15-1)
- Most Runs
- Aaron Finch 44 (49)
- Jos Buttler 71* (32)
Moments of The Day: Jos Buttler, All-Round Bowling Performance Ensures Easy English Victory
- Morgan’s captaincy has been on point this World Cup. In the earlier games, he had used Moeen Ali up front against left handers. Against Australia, Adil Rashid (4-0-19-1) and Chris Woakes (4-0-23-2) were unleashed. At 21-4, the game was done and dusted.
- Bad pitch theory was put to rest when the English openers came to bat. When Jason Roy had departed, England’s score was 66 in 6.2 overs. Buttler finished it with some magnificent straight sixes. An innings worth 71* (35).
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Australia in the Middle Muddle
- This game was supposed to be the Ashes battle preview. Since the India-Pakistan match was one sided, a closer battle was expected. However, England brushed Australia aside with 74 balls to spare. The damaged NRR means that all teams are back in contention, even West Indies and Bangladesh, the two teams Australia have to face now.
T20 World Cup Points Table, Stat Alert
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Jos Buttler – 214 runs (England, 4 Matches)
- Wanindu Hasaranga – 14 wickets (Sri Lanka, 7 Matches)
- Calum MacLeod – 6 catches (Scotland, 5 Matches)
- Matthew Wade – 5 dismissals (Australia, 3 Matches)
Group 1 Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. England||4||4||0||0||8||+ 3.183|
|2. South Africa||3||2||1||0||4||+ 0.210|
|3. Australia||3||2||1||0||4||– 0.627|
|4. Sri Lanka||4||1||3||0||2||– 0.590|
|5. West Indies||3||1||2||0||2||– 1.598|
|6. Bangladesh||3||0||3||0||0||– 1.069|
Group 2 Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Pakistan||3||3||0||0||6||+ 0.638|
|2. Afghanistan||3||2||1||0||4||+ 3.097|
|3. New Zealand||2||1||1||0||2||+ 0.765|
|4. Namibia||2||1||1||0||2||– 1.287|
|5. India||2||0||2||0||0||– 1.609|
|6. Scotland||2||0||2||0||0||– 3.562|
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review – Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review – Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review – Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review – Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 11/01/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer – Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah – Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images