Scotland Women Tour of Ireland 2021 Series Review.
Although Scotland Women started on a bright note, Ireland women came back with 3 wins on a trot. Here is a brief recap and major highlights from this series!
Ireland Women won by 3-1
- Scotland Women won by 11 runs*Katie McGill
- Ireland Women won by 61 runs*Gaby Lewis
- Ireland Women won by 41 runs*Orla Prendergast
- Ireland Women won by 6 wickets*Gaby Lewis
|Player of the Series||Scotland||Ireland|
|Most Runs||Kathryn Bryce – 96 runs|
(Best of 45*, 32.00 average, 85.71 SR)
|Gaby Lewis – 116 runs|
(Best of 49, 29.00 average, 116.00 SR)
|Most Wickets||Katie McGill – 7 wickets|
(Best of 3/18, 14.42 average, 6.73 Economy)
|Leah Paul – 9 wickets|
(Best of 4/16, 4.44 average, 4.44 Economy)
This series was a low-scorer with scores of 87-9 vs 76/10, 137/4 vs 76/10, 134/8 vs 93/10, & 99/7 vs 101/4 in the 20-over contest.
- The trio of Kathryn Bryce (3.3-0-8-2), Katherine Fraser (4-0-15-2), & Katie McGill (4-0-18-3) starred in Scotland’s only win as Ireland failed to chase even 88 runs.
- Unfortunately, Kathryn Bryce was the lone fighter in the series with scores of 12 (26), 17 (23), 45* (42) & 22 (21) to go along with 5 wickets.
- Leah Paul was the standout performer of the series, with figures of 4/16, 2/12, and 3/12. Scotland never got going against the left-arm spinner.
- Gaby Lewis was the only Irish player who had a decent outing with the bat. 47 (39) in the 2nd ODI & 49 (40) in the fourth ODI were match winning knocks. Decent support from Laura Delany & Shauna Kavanaugh as well.
- Orla Prendergast set the tone for the Irish bowlers in each of the games with a miserly economy rate of 4.15 to go along with six wickets.
Where Do They Go Here From Now?
No international matches scheduled for Scotland or Ireland women in the near future, but exciting times for Women’s Cricket.
India-England Tests will begin on June 16th while the Women’s Hundred will commence on 21st July.
Anyway, what did you think about the Scotland Women Tour of Ireland 2021? COMMENT BELOW and engage in a conversation!
06/09/2021 Copyright @Nitesh Mathur, aka Nit-X email@example.com