Bangladesh Vs Australia Quick Review – Australia’s pacers & Zampa expose Bangladesh’s T20 side.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Toss: Australia won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai, UAE
Umpires: Kumar Dharmasena & Nitin Menon
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Australia won by 8 wickets
- Scores:Bangladesh 73/10 Australia 78/2
- Player of the Match: Adam Zampa 5/19
- Best Figures
- Adam Zampa (4-0-19-5)
- Shoriful Islam (1-0-9-1)
- Most Runs
- Shamim Hossain 19 (18)
- Aaron Finch 40 (20)
Moments of The Day: All-Round Australia Boost Their NRR
- Starc set the tone for Australia with a full ball to dismiss Liton Das. Bat and bowled, played on. Next over, Hazelwood to Soumya Sarkar. Played on. Mushfiqur missed a straight one from Maxwell. Then came Zampa and ate up the rest of the middle order. Wicket first ball and then toppled Bangladesh from 62/5 to 73/10.
- Australia knew that to topple South Africa, they had to boost their NRR. Bowling out Bangladesh was 73 was just the first part (South Africa had bowled Bangladesh for 84). However, Finch’s 40 (20) & Mitchell Marsh’s 16 (5), including a last ball six ensured Australia jump ahead of South Africa.
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: One Time An Mistake, Twice An Issue
- When West Indies were bowled out for 55, we knew it was an aberration, although it showed their weaknesses.
- Bangladesh’s 84/10 against South Africa could have been brushed aside as an aberration. Last game, no Shakib, I thought we would see a different, more positive Bangladesh. Clearly that was not the case. 73/10 – larger issue is at play. Liton Das, Soumya Sarkar have not flourished despite numerous opportunities. No replacement for the seniors Fab Four either. Where does Bangladesh go from here?
T20 World Cup Points Table, Most Runs, Wickets, Catches, Dismissals
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Charith Asalanka – 231 runs (Sri Lanka, 6 Matches)
- Wanindu Hasaranga – 16 wickets (Sri Lanka, 8 Matches)
- Calum MacLeod – 7 catches (Scotland, 6 Matches)
- Matthew Wade – 7 dismissals (Australia, 4 Matches)
Group 1 Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. England||4||4||0||0||8||+ 3.183|
|2. Australia||4||3||1||0||6||+ 1.031|
|3. South Africa||4||3||1||0||6||+ 0.742|
|4. Sri Lanka||5||2||3||0||4||– 0.269|
|5. West Indies||4||1||3||0||2||– 1.558|
|6. Bangladesh||5||0||5||0||0||– 2.383|
Group 2 Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Pakistan||4||4||0||0||8||+ 1.065|
|2. Afghanistan||4||2||2||0||4||+ 1.481|
|3. New Zealand||3||2||1||0||4||+ 0.816|
|4. India||3||1||1||0||2||+ 0.073|
|5. Namibia||3||1||2||0||2||– 1.600|
|6. Scotland||3||0||3||0||0||– 2.645|
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review – Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review – Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review – Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review – Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 11/04/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer – Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah – Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images