Pakistan Vs Namibia Quick Review – Namibia go head to head but Rizwan’s knock makes it Pakistan’s game.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Toss: Pakistan won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Umpires: Chris Brown & Chris Gaffaney
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Pakistan won by 45 runs
- Scores: Pakistan 189/2 Namibia 144/5
- Player of the Match: Mohammad Rizwan 79* (50)
- Best Figures
- David Wiese (4-0-30-1)
- Imad Wasim (3-0-13-1)
- Most Runs
- Mohammad Rizwan 79* (50)
- David Wiese 43* (31)
Moments of The Day:
- Rizwan & Babar rise again. A 113-run partnership. They are now establishing an iconic T20I opening partnership.
- Pakistan took more positives – Hafeez finished with 32* (16) & Hasan Ali returned with spells of 4-0-22-1.
- David Wiese’s 43* ensured Namibia did not collapse for a low score and got 144.
If only they had restricted Pakistan earlier….
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Namibia Fail To Take Advantage
- Pakistan had an uncharacteristically slow start. At the end of the Powerplay, Pakistan were 29/0, the fourth lowest of all time in T20Is, without losing a wicket. By the end of the 8th over, Pakistan were 45/0 with Babar Azam 33 (27) & Rizwan 12 (21).
Poor death bowling by Namibia.
T20 World Cup Points Table, Most Runs, Wickets, Catches, Dismissals
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Charith Asalanka – 231 runs (Sri Lanka, 6 Matches)
- Wanindu Hasaranga – 16 wickets (Sri Lanka, 8 Matches)
- Calum MacLeod – 7 catches (Scotland, 6 Matches)
- Matthew Wade – 7 dismissals (Australia, 4 Matches)
Group 1 Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. England||4||4||0||0||8||+ 3.183|
|2. Australia||4||3||1||0||6||+ 1.031|
|3. South Africa||4||3||1||0||6||+ 0.742|
|4. Sri Lanka||5||2||3||0||4||– 0.269|
|5. West Indies||4||1||3||0||2||– 1.558|
|6. Bangladesh||5||0||5||0||0||– 2.383|
Group 2 Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Pakistan||4||4||0||0||8||+ 1.065|
|2. Afghanistan||4||2||2||0||4||+ 1.481|
|3. New Zealand||3||2||1||0||4||+ 0.816|
|4. India||3||1||1||0||2||+ 0.073|
|5. Namibia||3||1||2||0||2||– 1.600|
|6. Scotland||3||0||3||0||0||– 2.645|
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review – Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review – Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review – Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review – Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 11/04/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer – Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah – Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images