India Vs Scotland Quick Review – India crush Scotland to keep slim semi-finals hope alive.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Scorecard: India Vs Scotland Video Highlights
Toss: India won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai, UAE
Umpires: Marais Erasmus & Rod Tucker
What Actually Happened
- Winner: India won by 8 wickets
- Scores: Scotland 85/10 India 89/2
- Player of the Match: Ravindra Jadeja 3/15
- Best Figures
- Ravindra Jadeja (4-0-15-3)
- Mark Watt (2-0-20-1)
- Most Runs
- George Munsey 24 (19)
- KL Rahul 50 (19)
Moments of The Day: Collective Bowling Performance, Rahul-Rohit Show Key To Strong Indian Victory
- Bumrah started by bowling Kyle Coetzer and Scotland never recovered. The pacers, Bumrah & Shami, had combined figures of 6.4-1-25-5.
- Ravindra Jadeja in the middle broke the back of the Scottish batting. Bowled straight and quick and choked the batting. LBW, B, LWB. Classic Jadeja.
- The rest was done by India’s opening pair. In order to get ahead of Afghanistan & NZ’s NRR, India needed to chase 89 runs within 43 ball (7.1 overs). As it turns out, India finished it in 39 balls (6.3 overs), thanks to KL Rahul’s 18-ball 50.
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Scotland Keep On Drowning
- After winning 3 in 3 in the qualifying stage, Scotland has looked a class below in the Super 12s. Now the fourth loss in a row, they will want to finish on a high…Except heir last game is against group toppers Pakistan.
Also Read: 200th Article Special: 5 Things I have Learned From My Journey of Cricket Writing
T20 World Cup Points Table, Most Runs, Wickets, Catches, Dismissals
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Babar Azam – 264 runs (Pakistan, 5 Matches)
- Wanindu Hasaranga – 16 wickets (Sri Lanka, 8 Matches)
- Calum MacLeod – 8 catches (Scotland, 7 Matches)
- Matthew Wade – 8 dismissals (Australia, 5 Matches)
Group 1 Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. England||5||4||1||0||8||+ 2.464|
|2. Australia||5||4||1||0||8||+ 1.216|
|3. South Africa||5||4||1||0||8||+ 0.739|
|4. Sri Lanka||5||2||3||0||4||– 0.269|
|5. West Indies||5||1||4||0||2||– 1.641|
|6. Bangladesh||5||0||5||0||0||– 2.383|
Group 2 Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Pakistan||5||5||0||0||10||+ 1.583|
|2. New Zealand||5||4||1||0||8||+ 1.162|
|3. India||4||2||2||0||4||+ 1.619|
|4. Afghanistan||4||2||3||0||4||+ 1.053|
|5. Namibia||4||1||3||0||2||– 1.851|
|6. Scotland||5||0||5||0||0||– 3.543|
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review – Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review – Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review – Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review – Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 11/04/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer – Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah – Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images