Bangladesh Vs Papua New Guinea – T20 World Cup 2021 Match #9 Quick Review! Bangladesh Back on Track
Bangladesh Vs Papua New Guinea Quick Review – Bangladesh finally deliver to their potential and guarantee a position in the Super 12s.
Bye bye to PNG for now, but they have been a wonderful addition to the cricket family on the World Cup stage.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Scorecard: Bangladesh Vs Papua New Guinea Video Highlights
Toss: Bangladesh won the toss and chose to bat first.
Venue: Al Amerat Cricket Ground, Muscat, Oman
Umpires: Kumar Dharmasena & Richard Kettleborough
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Bangladesh won by 84 runs
- Scores: Bangladesh 181/7 – PNG 97/10
- Player of the Match: Shakib Al Hasan
- 46 (37) & 4/9
- Best Figures
- Assad Vala/Kabua Morea – 2/26
- Shakib Al Hasan – 4-0-9-4
- Most Runs
- Mahmudullah – 50 (37)
- Kiplin Doriga – 46* (34)
Moments of The Day: Shakib Show All Over Again
- Although Liton Das & Shakib Al Hasan gave Bangladesh a decent start, it was Mahmudullah’s impetus that led Bangladesh to a competitive total. From 72 in 10.2 overs to 181 in 20 overs.
- This is Shakib’s 2nd player of the match in a row. Shakib is a World Cup man. First the 2019 World Cup and now the 2021 T20 World Cup. In these conditions, Shakib’s angle and spin, along with Mahedi Hasan’s accuracy, can choke the opposition.
- Kiplin Doriga played another finishing knock to get PNG to a decent total. Without Doriga, they might have collapsed below 50.
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Batting Failures Underlines PNG’s Campaign
- 97/10 is actually looks better than it actually was. Papua New Guinea were struggling for 29/7 at one stage. With that sort of a performance, victory at an international stage will be far away. In any case, it was a joy to have PNG at a World Cup. Great people, wonderful catching, and a beautiful story.
T20 World Cup Points Table, Stat Alert
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Max O’Dowd – 123 runs (Netherlands, 3 Matches)
- Shakib Al Hasan – 9 wickets (Bangladesh, 3 Matches)
- Calum MacLeod, Jatinder Singh (Scotland/Oman, 3 Matches) – 5 catches
- Nurul Hasan (Bangladesh) – 5 dismissals
Group B Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Scotland||3||3||0||0||6||+ 0.755|
|2. Bangladesh||3||2||1||0||4||+ 1.733|
|3. Oman||3||1||2||0||2||– 0.025|
|4. Papua New Guinea||3||0||3||0||0||– 2.655|
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review – Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review – Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review – Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review – Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 10/23/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer – Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah – Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images