PBKS Vs DC – IPL 2021 Match 29 Review: Agarwal’s 99* In Vain As Capitals March On
PBKS Vs DC – IPL 2021 Match #29 Quick Review!
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Scorecard: PBKS Vs DC Video Highlights
Toss: DC won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Narendra Modi Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad
Umpires: Anil Chaudhary & Anil Dandekar
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Mumbai Indians won by 4 wickets.
- Scores: PBKS 166-6 Vs DC 167-3
- Player of the Match: Mayank Agarwal
- Best Figures
- Kagiso Rabada – 3/36
- Harpreet Brar – 1/19 (3 overs)
- Most Runs
- Mayank Agarwal – 99* (58)
- Shikhar Dhawan – 69* (47)
Moment of The Day: Chris Gayle’s Stump Goes Flying
- After Kagiso Rabada’s consistent breakthrough IPL seasons, IPL 2021 has been a letdown so far. With Anrich Nortje on the bench, his position was under the scanner. Just 3 wickets in the last 5 games, he came back with a 3/36 today. My moment of the day was Rabada taking Gayle’s stump out with a full-toss after Gayle had dispatched Rabada for a six.
- Mayank Agarwal was the batsman of IPL 2020 although he got injured halfway through. After his form dropped from Test cricket, he was not looking like his own. Even though he was among the runs this year, the ball-striking and strike rate was not up to par. As stand-in captain for KL Rahul, he was back to his absolute best. 99* (58) pushed PBKS to a competitive score of 166.
Honorable Mention: Hetmyer’s finishes it off in style – 16* (4) with 2 sixes
T20 World Cup Spotlight: Shaw, Shikhar Shoe-In for the 23-Member Squad?
Prithvi Shaw has been single-handedly dismantling the opposition within the powerplay, while Shikhar Dhawan has been killing the opposition softly. Together, they have formed a deadly combination, both in the top 4 of top run-getters.
- Dhawan is the orange cap: 380 runs, 54.28 average, 134.27 strike rate.
- Shaw: 308 runs, 38.50 average, 166.48 strike rate.
If the T20 World Cup happens, they should definitely make the squad now. The question is, do they make the XI? With Mumbai Indians trio Rohit Sharma, Ishan Kishan, and Suryakumar struggling for form, Dhawan-Shaw might be a wildcard opening entry rather than Sharma-Kohli. KL Rahul & Mayank Agarwal are the other options.
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Dawid Malan
- Nicholas Pooran was finally dropped for Dawid Malan. Malan already scored higher than Pooran in his six games – but the strike rate was concerning. 26 (26) with a few good looking shots and singles, but was bogged down. Where do things stand for him?
- Ravi Bishnoi has pulled some blinders and have had some good games with the ball. After Harpreet got Prithvi Shaw out and Steve Smith slow to get off, PBKS had a sniff. Shikhar Dhawan had other plans as he destroyed Bishnoi. Ended with figures of 4-0-42-0.
- Wishing speedy recovery to KL Rahul who underwent appendicitis surgery.
The Big News: COVID Hits the IPL
KKR Vs RCB has been postponed due to positive tests for Varun Chakravarthy & Sandeep Warrier. In addition, CSK staff has also been hit.
I think it is time to shut the IPL for now. Players’ health is more important.
The BCCI is deliberating moving the entire rest of the IPL to Mumbai.
IPL 2021 Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap Leaders
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Shikhar Dhawan – 380 runs (PBKS, 8 matches)
- Harshal Patel – 17 wickets (RCB, 7 matches)
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Delhi Capitals||8||6||2||0||12||+0.547|
|2. Chennai Super Kings||7||5||2||0||10||+1.263|
|3. Royal Challengers Bangalore||7||5||2||0||10||-0.171|
|4. Mumbai Indians||7||4||3||0||8||+ 0.062|
|5. Rajasthan Royals||7||3||4||0||6||-0.190|
|6. Punjab Kings||8||3||5||0||6||-0.368|
|7. Kolkata Knight Riders||7||2||5||0||4||-0.494|
|8. Sunrisers Hyderabad||7||1||6||0||2||-0.623|
Also, if you have not yet read our IPL Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- Chennai Super Kings – CSK Preview
- Delhi Capitals – DC Preview
- Kolkata Knight Riders – KKR Preview
- Mumbai Indians – MI Preview
- Punjab Kings – PBKS Preview
- Rajasthan Royals – RR Preview
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – RCB Preview
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – SRH Preview
Copyright (2021: 4/12/2021)– @Nitesh Mathur, aka Nit-X – email@example.com