CSK Vs SRH – IPL 2021 Match 23 Review: Do SRH Need to Drop David Warner For Jason Roy?
CSK Vs SRH – IPL 2021 Match #23 Quick Review! The better side won today. Warner disappoints, and Gaikwad-Faf partnership impresses again.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Scorecard: CSK Vs SRH Video Highlights
Toss: SRH won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
Umpires: Chettithody Shamshuddin & Nandan
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Chennai Super Kings won by 7 wickets.
- Scores: SRH 171-3 Vs CSK 173-3
- Player of the Match: Ruturaj Gaikwad
- Best Figures
- Lungi Ngidi – 2/35
- Rashid Khan – 3/36
- Most Runs
- Manish Pandey – 61 (46)
- Ruturaj Gaikwad – 75 (44)
Moments of The Day: Positive Faf-Gaikwad Shine Light On Warner-Pandey’s Conservative Approach
Here are my moments of today:
- David Warner & Manish Pandey once SRH’s strength are now the weakness. For once we will not be talking about Manish Pandey’s slow going. After being dropped from the SRH XI, he came back with a relatively positive 35-ball 50. On the other hand, sluggish 57 (55) by David Warner was the difference between the two sides. In his own words, “I batted slow…I take full responsibility…I took too many balls.” At the end of the day, a 106 (87) partnership should not be losing you too many games.
- Kane Williamson’s finishing skills comes to the forefront. After SRH’s slow approach, Williamson began his famous rescue act. With four 4s & one six, he ended up with 26*(10) and received some good support from Kedar Jadhav, who hit 12* (4) with one six. 37 runs were scored in the last 13 balls to lift SRH to 171, but unfortunately it was too little, too late.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad & Faf du Plessis are key to CSK’s revival. Gaikwad now has had 6 innings of note in his short IPL career. He was going neck and neck with Faf at one point, but when the spin duo Suchith-Rashid arrived, Gaikwad went berserk, ending with a score of 75 including 12 classic fours. Faf is enjoying a second wind after retiring from Test cricket and relieving South African captaincy. Mr. Ultra Consistent, he has been diving around the field and has now become the Orange Cap holder in IPL 2021. With scores of 0, 36*, 33, 95*, 50, 56, Faf just keeps on getting better.
Highlight of the Day
- The best part of their fifties was the celebration from the dugout. Everyone stood up with Robin Uthappa (who may not get a game if Gaikwad keeps on going well) clapping with a smile and the best of the lot – whistles from Deepak Chahar. CSK’s team spirit is growing game by game and are slowly approaching unstoppable status.
Honorable Mention: Rashid Khan expensive but among the wickets; Lungi Ngidi’s 2 wickets; Faf’s catch & boundary riding
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Sunrisers Hyderabad Bench
- While Pandey & Warner were stitching singles in the middle overs, I could not help but wonder how Jason Roy, Mohammad Nabi, & Jason Holder would go about in the situation. In my pre-tournament previews, I had SRH in my top 4 due to their flexibility and bench strength. Yet, they have not been able to figure out their balance. It is time that Warner rests himself for a couple of games, Williamson take on the captaincy mantle, & SRH unleashes the Roy-Bairstow opening combination.
- In the last game, Warner implied that he did not know why Pandey was dropped for Virat Singh, and today he questioned Williamson’s #4 position.
David Warner’s post-match conferences are suddenly being scrutinized. Cryptic for sure. Is there a power struggle in SRH’s dugout? Who is making all the decisions?
IPL 2021 Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap Leaders
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap. We will keep updating it in every article!
Shikhar Dhawan has been dethroned! Faf du Plessis up at the top now.
- Faf du Plessis – 270 runs (CSK, 6 matches)
- Harshal Patel – 17 wickets (RCB, 6 matches)
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Chennai Super Kings||6||5||1||0||10||+1.475|
|2. Royal Challengers Bangalore||6||5||1||0||10||+0.089|
|3. Delhi Capitals||6||4||2||0||8||+ 0.269|
|4. Mumbai Indians||5||2||3||0||4||-0.032|
|5. Kolkata Knight Riders||6||2||4||0||4||-0.305|
|6. Punjab Kings||6||2||4||0||4||-0.608|
|7. Rajasthan Royals||5||2||3||0||4||-0.681|
|8. Sunrisers Hyderabad||6||1||5||0||2||-0.264|
Mumbai Indians take on Rajasthan Royals and Kolkata Knight Riders take on Delhi Capitals in double header day.
Also, if you have not yet read our IPL Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- Chennai Super Kings – CSK Preview
- Delhi Capitals – DC Preview
- Kolkata Knight Riders – KKR Preview
- Mumbai Indians – MI Preview
- Punjab Kings – PBKS Preview
- Rajasthan Royals – RR Preview
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – RCB Preview
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – SRH Preview
Copyright (2021: 4/12/2021)– @Nitesh Mathur, aka Nit-X – firstname.lastname@example.org