PBKS Vs RCB – IPL 2021 Match #26 Quick Review! KL Rahul & Chris Gayle set the tone for PBKS, and Harpreet Brar did the rest.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Toss: SRH won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Narendra Modi Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad
Umpires: Sundaram Ravi & Virender Sharma
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Chennai Super Kings won by 7 wickets.
- Scores: PBKS 179-5 Vs RCB 145-8
- Player of the Match: Harpreet Brar
- Best Figures
- Kyle Jamieson – 2/32
- Harpreet Brar – 3/19
- Most Runs
- KL Rahul – 91* (57)
- Virat Kohli – 35 (34)
Moments of The Day: What can Harpreet Brar not do?
Here are my moments of today:
- KL Rahul is the poster-child of Bangalore. At PBKS, he has Mayank Agarwal, his best friend, as his opening partner. Add coach Anil Kumble & ex-RCB Chris Gayle to that list. He debuted for RCB in 2013 before moving to Punjab in 2018. Last year, he scored 132* against RCB and 91* today. An array of shots today, with a few scoops at the end as well. He has not been dismissed by them in the last couple of years. Basically, he loves RCB & Bangalore, whether that is for them or against them.
- Chris Gayle produced his second match-winning knock of the season. Five fours in an over against Kyle Jamieson raised the momentum, which put Punjab’s run-rate in second gear. Ended with 46 (24) with 2 sixes.
- Harpreet Brar was the star of the show. After Gayle’s storm, a mini-collapse took place. 118-5 in 14.4 overs. Harpreet Brar rebuilt and provided KL Rahul with much-needed support on the other end. At the end, he took finishing in his own hands with a quickfire 25* (17) with 2 sixes. The last ball six sent the dugout with the momentum they needed to inflict the damage with the ball.
- Harpreet Brar, the bowler—Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, AB De Villiers. Bowled, bowled, caught. Double-wicket maiden. And a catch as well. Combined figures of Brar & Bishnoi: 8-1-36-3. Wow. Just Wow.
Honorable Mention: Ravi Bishnoi takes another blinder; Prabhsimran Singh’s shows intent; Glenn’s Maxwell stunned reaction; Meredith’s bowled
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Rajat Patidar & Virat Kohli
- In a 9 an over required-rate, Kohli’s 35 (34) & Patidar’s 31 (30) was not up to par. Even AB De Villiers cannot rescue the team with a partnership worth 43 (46).
- Harshal Patel is the purple cap of the season and had taken 17 wickets in 6 games. At this rate, he would be the highest wicket-taker in a season. Until this game, the 37-run Jadeja over was the only blot to his name. Today, the death bowling was not accurate and he conceded 53 runs without taking a wicket. Made it up with 31* (13). Helped RCB’s NRR by taking them from 96-7 to 145-8 with Kyle Jamieson’s help.
- Cannot End this without Nicholas’ ‘Poor-Run.’ He has now bagged 0 (0), 0(1), 0(2), and 0(3). Quite a collection. Nicholas Pooran & his ducks:
IPL 2021 Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap Leaders
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap. We will keep updating it in every article!
- KL Rahul – 331 runs (PBKS, 7 matches)
- Harshal Patel – 17 wickets (RCB, 7 matches)
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Chennai Super Kings||7||5||2||0||10||+1.263|
|2. Delhi Capitals||7||5||2||0||10||+0.466|
|3. Royal Challengers Bangalore||7||5||2||0||10||-0.171|
|4. Mumbai Indians||7||4||3||0||8||+ 0.062|
|5. Punjab Kings||7||3||4||0||6||-0.264|
|6. Kolkata Knight Riders||7||2||5||0||4||-0.494|
|7. Rajasthan Royals||6||2||4||0||4||-0.69|
|8. Sunrisers Hyderabad||6||1||5||0||2||-0.264|
Also, if you have not yet read our IPL Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- Chennai Super Kings – CSK Preview
- Delhi Capitals – DC Preview
- Kolkata Knight Riders – KKR Preview
- Mumbai Indians – MI Preview
- Punjab Kings – PBKS Preview
- Rajasthan Royals – RR Preview
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – RCB Preview
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – SRH Preview
Copyright (2021: 4/12/2021)– @Nitesh Mathur, aka Nit-X – email@example.com