Sri Lanka Vs Namibia Quick Review – Sri Lanka’s bowlers, Avishka Fernando, and Bhanuka Rajapaksa make it Sri Lanka’s day.
Lots to ponder for T20 WC debutants, Namibia.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Scorecard: Sri Lanka Vs Namibia Highlights
Toss: Sri Lanka won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Umpires: Adrian Holdstock & Paul Reiffel
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Sri Lanka won by 7 wickets
- Scores: Namibia 96/10 – Sri Lanka 100/3
- Player of the Match: Mahesh Theekshana
- Best Figures
- Mahesh Theekshana – 3/25
- Bernard Scholtz – 1/16
- Most Runs
- Craig Williams – 29(36)
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa – 42 (27)
Moments of The Day: All-Round Bowling Performance, Fernando-Rajapaksa Key To Lanka’s Victory
- Sri Lanka’s Pacers are the real deal – With combined figures of 8-0-36-2, Chamika Karunaratne & Dushmantha Chameera set the tone. Look out for them throughout the tournament.
- Mahesh Theekshana the new Ajantha Mendis? Theekshana’s action and variations resemble Mendis, Lanka’s mystery spinner from 2008-12. Taking out the openers was key in restricting Namibia to 96. With Wanindu Hasaranga, they can form a potential mystery spin partnership.
- Avishka Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa save Sri Lanka from embarrassment. Trumpelmann, Scholtz, and Smit had reduced Sri Lanka to 26-3 in 5 overs. Fernando’s switch to #4 position and Rajapaksa’s positive innings made sure Sri Lanka reaches victory without further hiccups. A dropped catch helped as well.
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Namibia’s international comeback celebration cut short with poor display
- Playing their first World Cup since 2003 ODI World Cup and an inspiring qualification campaign, a 96/10 might not accurately reflect their true quality. Associate nations have been on fire in this tournament, and Namibia’s defeat seemed like a disappointment. Hopefully, the team and star all-rounder David Wiese comes to the party as well.
Also Read: South African Cricketers Who Play For Other Countries: Labuschagne, Neil Wagner,…Can you Guess the Rest?
T20 World Cup Points Table, Stat Alert
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Jatinder Singh – 73* runs (Oman, 1 Match)
- Zeeshan Mahmood – 4 wickets (Oman, 1 Match)
- Calum MacLeod (Scotland, 1 Match) – 3 catches
- Zane Green (Namibia, 1 Match), Neil Rock (Ireland, 1 Match) – 1 dismissal
Group A Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Sri Lanka||1||1||0||0||2||+ 2.607|
|2. Ireland||1||1||0||0||2||+ 1.755|
|3. Netherlands||1||0||1||0||0||– 1.755|
|4. Namibia||1||0||1||0||0||– 2.607|
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review – Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review – Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review – Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review – Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 10/19/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer – Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah – Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images