Scotland Vs Papua New Guinea Quick Review – Richie Berrington’s excellence meant that PNG had too much to do.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Scorecard: Scotland Vs Papua New Guinea Video Highlights
Toss: Scotland won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Al Amerat Cricket Ground, Muscat, Oman
Umpires: Kumar Dharmasena & Richard Kettleborough
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Scotland won by 17 runs
- Scores: Scotland 165/9 – PNG 148/10
- Player of the Match: Richie Berrington
- Best Figures
- Kabua Morea – 4/31 (& Chad Soper 3/24)
- Josh Davey – 4/18 (in 3.3 overs)
- Most Runs
- Richie Berrington – 70 (49)
- Norman Vanua – 47 (37)
Moments of The Day: Berrington, Davey Help Scotland Make it 2 in 2
- Richie Berrington & Matthew Cross help Scotland post a large total. When they came in, Scotland were 26-2 in 3.4 overs. When Cross departed, they had climbed up tpo 118 in 14.3 overs. Clean striking from these two. A beautiful one-handed catch by Berrington to go along with the runs.
- Kabua Morea & Chad Soper combined figures were 55/7. This included Morea’s beautiful bowled to Coetzer and a 4-wicket over in the 20th (including a run-out). Restricted Scotland from 151-3 in 18 to just 165/9.
- Brad Wheal-Josh Davey-Alasdair Evans are making a good medium pace trio as they each took a wicket a piece to get rid of PNG’s top order. Davey’s 3.3-0-18-4 ensured that the late assault by Norman Vanua – 47 (37), Kiplin Doriga -18 (11), and Kabua Morea – 6* (1) did not amount to a win for PNG.
Honorable Mention: Siaka’s 3 catches, Amini’s 2 catches
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: PNG Out
The game was closer than the scores suggested. They were right in it till the last over. In the first match against Oman, Vala-Amini were taking the game away before Amini’s run-out. A good fielding unit, they would look back at their batting errors and reflect if they missed out on a World Cup win.
Also Read: Rethinking the ODI World Cup format
T20 World Cup Points Table, Stat Alert
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Max O’Dowd – 121 runs (Netherlands, 2 Matches)
- Mahesh Theekshana – 6 wickets (Sri Lanka, 2 Matches)
- Jatinder Singh (Oman, 2 Matches) – 4 catches
- Matthew Cross (Scotland, 2 Match) – 4 dismissals
Group B Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Scotland||2||2||0||0||4||+ 0.575|
|2. Oman||2||1||1||0||2||+ 0.613|
|3. Bangladesh||2||1||1||0||2||– 0.500|
|4. Papua New Guinea||2||0||2||0||0||– 1.867|
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review – Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review – Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review – Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review – Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 10/19/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer – Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah – Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images