Netherlands Vs Namibia Quick Review – All round performance from Namibia as they win in a close game.
First World Cup victory for Namibia!! Where do Netherlands go from here?
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Toss: Namibia won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Umpires: Langton Rusere & Michael Gough
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Namibia won by 6 wickets
- Scores: Netherlands 164/4 – Namibia 166/4
- Player of the Match: David Wiese
- Best Figures
- Jan Frylinck – 2/36
- Pieter Seelar – 1/8 (& Fred Klassen 4-0-14-1)
- Most Runs
- Max O’Dowd – 70(36)
- David Wiese – 66* (40)
Moments of The Day:
- Max O’Dowd’s excellent form continues – Another 50 for O’Dowd. Stayed throughout the innings and made sure Netherlands reached a competitive total. The highest scorer of the tournament so far, he would be disappointed by the lack of support from others around him.
- Erasmus provides impetus and Wiese finishes it off in style – When Williams and Baard departed in consecutive overs, Netherlands would have felt they are closer to victory. However a quickfire 32 (22) from captain Erasmus and Wiese’s out of the world 66* innings made sure Namibia finish it in style.
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Netherlands Lose 2 in 2
- In the 2019 T20 World T20 Qualifier, Netherlands emerged as the winner. They are currently #11 in the ODI circuit and received ODI status as well. You wonder then, how did they fail to prepare for the T20 World Cup?
T20 World Cup Points Table, Stat Alert
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Max O’Dowd – 123 runs (Netherlands, 3 Matches)
- Shakib Al Hasan – 9 wickets (Bangladesh, 3 Matches)
- Calum MacLeod, Jatinder Singh (Scotland/Oman, 3 Matches) – 5 catches
- Nurul Hasan (Bangladesh) – 5 dismissals
Group A Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Sri Lanka||3||3||0||0||6||+ 3.754|
|2. Namibia||3||2||1||0||4||– 0.523|
|3. Ireland||3||1||2||0||2||– 0.853|
|4. Netherlands||3||0||3||0||0||– 2.460|
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review – Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review – Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review – Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review – Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 10/23/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer – Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah – Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images