Sri Lanka Vs Ireland Quick Review – Sri Lanka recovered from early jolts courtesy Hasaranga.
Change in the tale for Ireland?
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Scorecard: Sri Lanka Vs Ireland Video Highlights
Toss: Ireland won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Umpires: Nitin Menon & Paul Wilson
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Sri Lanka won by 70 runs
- Scores: Sri Lanka 171/7 – Ireland 101/10
- Player of the Match: Wanindu Hasaranga
- Best Figures
- Josh Little (4-0-23-4)
- Mahesh Theekshana (4-0-17-3)
- Most Runs
- Wanindu Hasaranga – 71 (47) & Pathum Nissanka – 61 (47).
- Andy Balbirnie – 41 (39)
Moments of The Day: Hasaranga Here, Hasaranga There, Hasaranga Everywhere
- Josh Little comes to the party – Little has been one of the positives from the Irish campaign. He gave Ireland the early boost with wickets of consecutive deliveries. What is the batter is the manner of dismissals – wonderful bowleds!
- The Hasaranga-Nissanka partnership – Then came the game changing partnership – 123 (82). It was well paced. Not only did they provide recovery, they accelerated towards the end to get Sri Lanka to a winning total of 171.
- Karunaratne (2/27)-Chameera (1/16)-Theekshana (3/17)-Hasaranga (1/12)-Kumara (2/22) near unplayable – With Stirling-O’Brien out early, Ireland never really built momentum. Each bowler contributed nicely. Although the mystery spinners are in focus, do not discount this fast bowling unit. Watch out for this Sri Lankan team in UAE conditions.
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Ireland Fail to Assert Pressure
- Sri Lanka were reeling at 8/3 in 1.4 overs with star batters Perera-Chandimal-Fernando out. However, Ireland failed to appoly pressure and saved the brilliant Josh Little for later. Why not go for the jugular right at the front?
Also Read: England Vs Sri Lanka 2021 Series Review: Woakes-Willey-Currans Impress As Sri Lanka Hit Rock Bottom
T20 World Cup Points Table, Stat Alert
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Max O’Dowd – 123 runs (Netherlands, 3 Matches)
- Shakib Al Hasan – 9 wickets (Bangladesh, 3 Matches)
- Calum MacLeod, Jatinder Singh (Scotland/Oman, 3 Matches) – 5 catches
- Nurul Hasan (Bangladesh) – 5 dismissals
Group A Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Sri Lanka||3||3||0||0||6||+ 3.754|
|2. Namibia||3||2||1||0||4||– 0.523|
|3. Ireland||3||1||2||0||2||– 0.853|
|4. Netherlands||3||0||3||0||0||– 2.460|
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review – Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review – Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review – Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review – Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 10/23/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer – Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah – Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images