Scotland Vs Oman Quick Review – Broken Dreams for Oman as Scotland continue to impress.
Although Scotland had won 2 in a row, their progress to the Super 12s was not guaranteed due to Bangladesh’s comeback. A loss and they could have been out, but they held their nerve.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Toss: Oman won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Al Amerat Cricket Ground, Muscat, Oman
Umpires: Ahsan Raza & Chris Gaffaney
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Scotland won by 8 wickets
- Scores: Oman 122/10 – Scotland 123/2
- Player of the Match: Richie Berrington
- Best Figures
- Josh Davey – 3/25
- Fayyaz Butt – 1/26
- Most Runs
- Aqib Ilyas – 37 (35)
- Kyle Coetzer – 41 (28)
Moments of The Day: Bowlers Ensure Scottish Victory
- Player of the match award went to yet another bowler, Josh Davey, with another 3+ wickets in an innings. Along with the emotional Safyaan Sharif, the form a good fast bowling partnership. Add spin of Mark Watt & Michael Leask, and Oman was squeezed for runs.
- Captain comes to the party. Kyle Coetzer had come in with scores of 0 & 6. In a pressure match, he delivered, making sure the match does not go all the way to the end.
- Watch out for Scotland’s top order. Today they all fired: Munsey (20), Coetzer (41), Cross (26*), and Berrington (31*)
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Oman Fail To Hold Their Nerve
- Oman were 79-3 but could not deliver the finishing punch and ended with a paltry 122. Oman has been a wonderful host for the first leg of the tournament, and it is a shame that they had out to leave the stage with only 3 games. Hopefully they play more cricket again.
Also Read: Rethinking the ODI World Cup format
T20 World Cup Points Table, Stat Alert
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Max O’Dowd – 123 runs (Netherlands, 3 Matches)
- Shakib Al Hasan – 9 wickets (Bangladesh, 3 Matches)
- Calum MacLeod, Jatinder Singh (Scotland/Oman, 3 Matches) – 5 catches
- Nurul Hasan (Bangladesh) – 5 dismissals
Group B Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Scotland||3||3||0||0||6||+ 0.755|
|2. Bangladesh||3||2||1||0||4||+ 1.733|
|3. Oman||3||1||2||0||2||– 0.025|
|4. Papua New Guinea||3||0||3||0||0||– 2.655|
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review – Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review – Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review – Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review – Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 10/23/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer – Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah – Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images