Sri Lanka Vs Netherlands Quick Review – There is not much to say for this one, is there? Just a shambolic performance by Netherlands as the Sri Lankan attack targeted the stumps.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Scorecard: Sri Lanka Vs Netherlands Video Highlights
Toss: Sri Lanka won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Umpires: Joel Wilson & Richard Illingworth
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Sri Lanka won by 8 wickets
- Scores: Netherlands 44/10 – Sri Lanka 45/2
- Player of the Match: Lahiru Kumara
- Best Figures
- Lahiru Kumara (3-1-7-3) & Wanindu Hasaranga (3-0-9-3)
- Brandon Glover (3-0-12-1)
- Most Runs
- Colin Ackerman – 11 (9)
- Kusal Perera – 33* (24)
Moments of The Day: Lahiru Kumara Emerges
- By this time, it has been observed that Sri Lanka can be deadly on these pitches, especially Sharjah (where they play 3 matches in the Super 12s by the way). We knew the spinners and mystery from Sri Lanka would bamboozle the world, but Lahiru Kumara’s spell caught my eye. There was a perfect bouncer in the middle of his spell that captured his accuracy.
- Kusal Perera hit 6 fours in his 33 to ensure that Sri Lanka stamp their authority on this game and end Round 1 of the T20 World Cup in style.
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Doeschate Retires Without a Farewell
- Ryan Ten Doeschate has been such a legend for the Netherlands, the original T20 globetrotter. Average of 67.00 (87.7 SR) in ODI cricket and 41.00 (132.91 SR) in T20I. Debuted in first class cricket way back in 2003. It was sad to see him leave the cricketing stage without a game. Final match, Dutch already out, but we did not see him again. Only 0 (1) in Campher’s 4 in 4. #BrokenCricketDream
Also Read: My Favorite Player from Each Country: Unity In Diversity XI – #5 Will Shock You
T20 World Cup Points Table, Stat Alert
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Highest Run Scorer, Highest Wicket Taker, Most Catches, and Most Dismissals. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Max O’Dowd – 123 runs (Netherlands, 3 Matches)
- Shakib Al Hasan – 9 wickets (Bangladesh, 3 Matches)
- Calum MacLeod, Jatinder Singh (Scotland/Oman, 3 Matches) – 5 catches
- Nurul Hasan (Bangladesh) – 5 dismissals
Group A Table
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Sri Lanka||3||3||0||0||6||+ 3.754|
|2. Namibia||3||2||1||0||4||– 0.523|
|3. Ireland||3||1||2||0||2||– 0.853|
|4. Netherlands||3||0||3||0||0||– 2.460|
Also, if you have not yet read our T20 World Cup Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- A Review – Group A 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Ireland, Namibia, Netherlands, Sri Lanka
- B Review – Group B 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Scotland
- 1 Review – Group 1 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies
- 2 Review – Group 2 2021 T20 World Cup Squads Dissected: India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, New Zealand
© Copyright @Nitesh Mathur and Broken Cricket Dreams, 2021. Originally published on 10/23/2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Broken Cricket Dreams with appropriate and specific direction to the original content (i.e. linked to the exact post/article).
Image Courtesy: Graphic (original work), Kyle Coetzer – Photo by Francois Nel-ICC/ICC via Getty Images, Mahmudullah – Photo by Mike Hewitt-ICC/ICC via Getty Images