SRH Vs RCB – IPL 2021 Match #6 Quick Review! Surely, not two days in a row? Chennai pitch, runs on the board, and choke the chase.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Scorecard: SRH Vs RCB Video Highlights
Toss: SRH won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: MA Chidambaram, Chepauk, Chennai
Umpires: Nitin Menon & Ulhas Gandhe
What Actually Happened:
- Winner: RCB won by 6 runs
- Scores: RCB 149/8 Vs SRH 143/9
- Player of the Match: Glenn Maxwell
- Best Figures
- Jason Holder – 3/30
- Shahbaz Ahmed – 3/7
- Most Runs
- Glenn Maxwell – 59 (41)
- David Warner – 54 (37)
Moments of The Day: Maxwell, Catches The Highlight
The IPL is full of surprises and memorable moments. Here are my moments of today:
- Glenn Maxwell was the difference between the two sides. After a poor IPL 2020 (and no sixes) he has come up with 39 (28) with 2 sixes and 59 (41) with 3 sixes on slow tracks. The reverse paddle to yorker-master Natarajan was my moment of the match.
- Scores of catches have been dropped over the past week, but Rashid Khan, Vijay Shankar, & Manish Pandey came up with running/diving catches for SRH, and the over that turned the game—Harshal Patel, AB de Villiers running catch, & Shahbaz himself caught skiers.
- Rashid Khan is an absolute gun T20 player. 4-0-18-2 and 17 (9) giving SRH some hope at the end.
Honorable Mentions: Warner’s 54, Holder’s dismissal of struggling Kohli
T20 World Cup Spotlight: Shahbaz Ahmed, Harshal Patel Add To India’s Depth
Given that the T20I World Cup is around the corner, and pandemic induced rules has changed the rules to 23-player squad, we will be analyzing the impact of each match on the T20I World Cup squad.
- Shahbaz Ahmed & Harshal Patel – In all reality, they may never wear an Indian cap given the tough competition, but these two have been brilliant first class cricketers who are finally getting their dues in the IPL. Shahbaz is the Ben Stokes of Bengal Cricket, while Harshal has been consistent over the last 5 years. Shahbaz’s 2-0-7-3 & Harshal’s economical overs to Manish Pandey (with slower off-cutters/nailed yorkers) sealed the game for RCB.
Also Read: Top 75 Current Cricketers In India
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Manish Pandey
- Manish Pandey has probably been mismanaged by the Indian cricket team, but has been given ample of opportunities by SRH. He has now two consecutive innings – 61*(44) & 38 (39) – that could be considered ‘losing’ knocks. Dot balls & strike rate of 97.43 are not going to win you games.
As Simon Doull quoted Cricbuzz’s statistician, “In the last 4 seasons, Manish Pandey has faced 30+ 14 times in the last 4 seasons. Sunrisers has lost 11 of them.” That is the story of his IPL career.
IPL 2021 Points Table
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table. We will keep updating it in every article!
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Royal Challengers Bangalore||2||2||0||0||4||+0.175|
|2. Delhi Capitals||1||1||0||0||2||+0.779|
|3. Mumbai Indians||2||1||1||0||2||+0.225|
|4. Punjab Kings||1||1||0||0||2||+ 0.2|
|5. Kolkata Knight Riders||2||1||1||0||0||0.00|
|6. Rajasthan Royals||1||0||1||0||0||-0.2|
|7. Sunrisers Hyderabad||2||0||2||0||0||-0.4|
|8.. Chennai Super Kings||1||0||1||0||0||-0.779|
The Delhi Capitals take on the Rajasthan Royals in Mumbai. Who do you think will win this one?
Also, if you have not yet read our IPL Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- Chennai Super Kings – CSK Preview
- Delhi Capitals – DC Preview
- Kolkata Knight Riders – KKR Preview
- Mumbai Indians – MI Preview
- Punjab Kings – PBKS Preview
- Rajasthan Royals – RR Preview
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – RCB Preview
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – SRH Preview
Copyright (2021: 4/14/2021)– @Nitesh Mathur, aka Nit-X – firstname.lastname@example.org