SRH Vs DC – IPL 2021 Match #20 Quick Review!
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Scorecard: SRH Vs DC Video Highlights
Toss: DC won the toss and chose to bat first.
Venue: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai
Umpires: Chris Gaffaney & KN Ananthapadmanabhan
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Delhi Capitals won in the Super Over.
- Scores: DC 159/4 – SRH 159/7
- Super Over: SRH 8/0 – DC 9/0
- Player of the Match: Prithvi Shaw
- Best Figures
- Siddharth Kaul – 2/31
- Avesh Khan 34/3
- Most Runs
- Prithvi Shaw – 53 (39)
- Kane Williamson – 66* (51)
Moments of The Day: Top Order, Spinners Make It Delhi’s Day (Barely)
The IPL is full of surprises and memorable moments. Here are my moments of today:
- Prithvi Shaw‘s first six scoring shots included 5 fours and one six. All from the middle of the bat to give DC a start that they wanted in Chennai. At this ground, a quickfire 53 was the momentum that was the difference between the two sides.
- The only other batsman that played a long innings was Kane Williamson. Having collapsed earlier with smaller targets, Kane Williamson showed his worth in this 160 run chase. Batted through the innings and got SRH close to victory. Well, at least to the Super Over.
- Avesh Khan & Jagadeesha Suchith are the names on the long list of young Indian talent. Avesh Khan impressed yet again with 34/3 and is now second on the Purple Cap list (11 wickets) behind Harshal Patel. At the end of the innings, Axar Patel’s back-to-back wickets of Abhishek Sharma & Rashid Khan, it looked curtains for SRH. Williamson needed support and got a timely 14*(6) from Suchith. 2 fours and a pulled six off Kagiso Rabada.
- The spin trio of Ashwin (4-0-27-0), Axar (4-0-26-2), and Mishra (4-0-31-1) finally played together, and they all delivered. The ball was turning square, and they were varying their pace and deliveries accordingly. May be the last time to see these three together this year.
Honorable Mentions: Rishabh Pant-Steven Smith 58 run partnership; Delhi’s Spin Trio
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: Why Didn’t Bairstow Play the Super Over?
- Jonny Bairstow was on fire again with quickfire 38 (18) with 4 sixes and has been SRH’s most destructive & consistent batsman this season. Hence, it was surprising that he was not sent with Williamson in the Super Over. His expression on the sidelines went viral.
- In addition to the English and more Australian players leaving the IPL, Ravichandran Ashwin is the first Indian to leave the IPL to support his family. The situation in India is concerning. Let us hope for the best and stay safe everybody.
IPL 2021 Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap Leaders
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Shikhar Dhawan – 259 runs (DC, 5 matches)
- Harshal Patel – 15 wickets (RCB, 5 matches)
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Chennai Super Kings||5||4||1||0||8||+ 1.612|
|2. Delhi Capitals||5||4||1||0||8||+ 0.034|
|2. Royal Challengers Bangalore||5||4||1||0||8||+ 0.096|
|4. Mumbai Indians||5||2||3||0||4||-0.032|
|5. Punjab Kings||5||2||3||0||4||-0.428|
|6. Rajasthan Royals||5||2||3||0||4||-0.681|
|7. Sunrisers Hyderabad||5||1||4||0||2||-0.18|
|8. Kolkata Knight Riders||5||1||4||0||2||-0.675|
Also, if you have not yet read our IPL Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- Chennai Super Kings – CSK Preview
- Delhi Capitals – DC Preview
- Kolkata Knight Riders – KKR Preview
- Mumbai Indians – MI Preview
- Punjab Kings – PBKS Preview
- Rajasthan Royals – RR Preview
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – RCB Preview
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – SRH Preview
Copyright (2021: 4/12/2021)– @Nitesh Mathur, aka Nit-X – firstname.lastname@example.org