RR Vs SRH – IPL 2021 Match #28 Quick Review!
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Toss: SRH won the toss and chose to field first.
Venue: Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
Umpires: Chettithody Shamshuddin & Chris Gaffaney
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Rajasthan Royals won by 55 runs
- Scores: RR 220-3 Vs SRH 165-8
- Player of the Match: Jos Buttler
- Best Figures
- Rashid Khan – 1/24
- Mustafizur Rahman – 3/20
- Most Runs
- Jos Buttler – 124 (64)
- Manish Pandey – 31 (20), Jonny Bairstow – 30 (21)
Moments of The Day: Buttler & Samson Make It Rajasthan’s Day
Here are my moments of today:
- It is game 7, and Sanju Samson is still delivering good scores? Sanju Samson & consistency, well that is a good change. Since becoming the captain of the RR side, his batting seems more mature & calculated, taking more responsibility on himself. Following his epic 119, he followed it with low scores of 4, 1, & 21. However, he has come back with steady 42*, 42, & 48 (33) today. Does Samson have an upper hand against an out-of-form Suryakumar Yadav for a World T20 spot?
- Jos Buttler had a David Warner-esque tournament before this game. A score of 49, 41, and 40 in the other 4 innings for a total of 130 runs in 6 matches. He started scratchy today and but accelerated after the halfway stage. Batting till the 19th over, he scored all around the ground in the flat Delhi pitch. His dancing shots at the end of the innings were truly special, taking RR from 111 in 13 overs to 220 by the 20th. In Buttler’s own words, “I can finally stop Alastair Cook telling me, ‘I’ve got one more T20 hundred than you.’ ”
- Mustafizur Rahman is enjoying a second wind, taking 8 wickets so far. His wrist is finally back to the usual & pace is returning as well. After numerous injuries & inconsistency, I am glad he is finally back. Check out Jarrod Kimber’s brilliant analysis of his topsy-turvy career here.
Honorable Mention: Manish Pandey’s aggressive 31 (20); Riyan Parag & David Miller’s cameos; Rashid Khan opens the bowling and goes for 4-0-24-1 in high-scoring encounter
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: David Warner Gets Dropped
Alright I confess. At the end of last game, I suggested David Warner should get dropped for Jason Roy. Warner was indeed axed unceremoniously. However, instead of going with an aggressive Roy-Bairstow opening combination, they went with Mohammad Nabi.
- The issue with that call is that Nabi was only given one over. It was at the backend of the innings when Buttler was only in a six-hitting mode and ended up conceding 21 runs.
- At the beginning of the match, Abdul Samad was slotted to open. When the time came, Manish Pandey walked in (although he did well), and Shankar-Jadhav batted at 4-5. With Nabi at 6 (quickfire 17 off 6) and Samad at 7, they were never going to chase 220. Should have been sent earlier. There are too many voices in the SRH dugout.
- Kane Williamson himself had an uncharacteristically off-day with a 21-ball 20.
- Rashid Khan’s batting form is a concern. 3 ducks and a 17 in four outings now.
Warner was a total team-man throughout the game, supporting the team from the boundary right through the game. IPL legend.
IPL 2021 Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap Leaders
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Shikhar Dhawan – 380 runs (PBKS, 8 matches)
- Harshal Patel – 17 wickets (RCB, 7 matches)
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Delhi Capitals||8||6||2||0||12||+0.547|
|2. Chennai Super Kings||7||5||2||0||10||+1.263|
|3. Royal Challengers Bangalore||7||5||2||0||10||-0.171|
|4. Mumbai Indians||7||4||3||0||8||+ 0.062|
|5. Rajasthan Royals||7||3||4||0||6||-0.190|
|6. Punjab Kings||8||3||5||0||6||-0.368|
|7. Kolkata Knight Riders||7||2||5||0||4||-0.494|
|8. Sunrisers Hyderabad||7||1||6||0||2||-0.623|
Also, if you have not yet read our IPL Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- Chennai Super Kings – CSK Preview
- Delhi Capitals – DC Preview
- Kolkata Knight Riders – KKR Preview
- Mumbai Indians – MI Preview
- Punjab Kings – PBKS Preview
- Rajasthan Royals – RR Preview
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – RCB Preview
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – SRH Preview
Copyright (2021: 4/12/2021)– @Nitesh Mathur, aka Nit-X – email@example.com