MI Vs DC – IPL 2021 Match #13 Quick Review! The Mumbai Indians have been challenged – the Delhi Capitals win the IPL 2020 Final rematch!
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Scorecard: MI Vs DC Video Highlights
Toss: MI won the toss and chose to bat first.
Venue: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai
Umpires: Chettithody Shamshuddin & Chris Gaffaney
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Delhi Capitals won by 6 wickets.
- Scores: MI 137/9 – DC 138/4
- Player of the Match: Amit Mishra
- Best Figures
- Amit Mishra – 4/24
- Kieron Pollard – 1/9
- Most Runs
- Rohit Sharma – 44 (30)
- Shikhar Dhawan – 45 (42)
Moments of The Day: Stalwarts Mishra, Shikhar Steal The Show
The IPL is full of surprises and memorable moments. Here are my moments of today:
- Amit Mishra is the most successful spinner with 164 wickets in all of IPL (7 away from #1 spot- Malinga) and for good reason too. 38 years young, his guile, spin, and googly continues to puzzle people to this day. Although he did not play last year and was out of the XI in the first few games this IPL, Chennai was the ideal venue for him to exploit his leg spin. With Kuldeep-Chahal struggling in internationals & Ashwin out of contention in T20I, is there a small window for his comeback? (Although he has not been treated too well in his international career).
- On paper, Shikhar Dhawan’s 45 (42) flatters to deceive, but in context, this may have been just as important as his 85 and 92. At Chepauk, KKR & SRH has lost from winning position against MI, but the experience of Shikhar Dhawan & Steven Smith pushed DC across the line.
- Emergence of Lalit Yadav – Along with the experience of Dhawan-Smith, 24-year-old Lalit Yadav stood up with an all-round performance of 4-0-17-1 & mature 22*(25).
Honorable Mentions: Rohit Sharma’s 44
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: The Power Three of MI?
- Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, & Krunal Pandya has been the engine room for the Mumbai Indians, yet they have looked out of sorts this year. In the four innings, they have accumulated:
- Hardik Pandya – 35 runs, best of 15
- Kieron Pollard – 49 runs, best of 35*, 1 wicket (one match winning performance)
- Krunal Pandya – 26 runs, best of 3*, 3 wickets (including match winning 1/13 spell Vs KKR)
RCB’s success in Chennai had been built on Glenn Maxwell & AB De Villiers, and that has been missing from MI’s #4-6.
IPL 2021 Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap Leaders
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Shikhar Dhawan – 231 runs (DC, 4 matches)
- Harshal Patel – 12 wickets (RCB, 4 matches)
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Royal Challengers Bangalore||4||4||0||0||8||+ 1.009|
|2. Chennai Super Kings||4||3||1||0||6||+1.142|
|3. Delhi Capitals||4||3||1||0||6||+0.426|
|4. Mumbai Indians||4||2||2||0||4||+0.187|
|5. Sunrisers Hyderabad||4||1||3||0||2||-0.228|
|6. Kolkata Knight Riders||4||1||3||0||2||-0.7|
|7. Punjab Kings||4||1||3||0||2||-0.824|
|8. Rajasthan Royals||4||1||3||0||2||-1.011|
Also, if you have not yet read our IPL Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- Chennai Super Kings – CSK Preview
- Delhi Capitals – DC Preview
- Kolkata Knight Riders – KKR Preview
- Mumbai Indians – MI Preview
- Punjab Kings – PBKS Preview
- Rajasthan Royals – RR Preview
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – RCB Preview
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – SRH Preview
Copyright (2021: 4/12/2021)– @Nitesh Mathur, aka Nit-X – email@example.com