RCB Vs RR– IPL 2021 Match #12 Quick Review! Padikkal’s maiden IPL ton the highlight of the day.
Match Details, Scorecard, & Video Highlights
Toss: MI won the toss and chose to bat first.
Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
Umpires: Jayaraman Madanagopal & Sundaram Ravi
What Actually Happened
- Winner: Chennai Super Kings won by 45 runs.
- Scores: RCB 181/0 – RR 177/9
- Player of the Match: Devdutt Padikkal
- Best Figures
- Mohammad Siraj – 3/27
- Chetan Sakariya – 0/35
- Most Runs
- Shivam Dube – 46 (32)
- Devdutt Padikkal – 101* (52)
Stars of The Day:
The IPL is full of surprises and memorable moments. Here are my moments of today:
- Shivam Dube, Riyan Parag, Rahul Tewatia rescue RR to a respectable total. Rajasthan were struggling at 18/3 and later 43/4. Shivam Dube’s counterattack with support from Riyan Parag – 25 (14) & Rahul Tewatia – 40 (23) got RR to a respectable 177/9. Unfortunately, this was never going to be enough at the Wankhede.
- When RCB last reached the final in 2016, Virat Kohli opened the batting and scored 973 runs. Moving from Chennai to Mumbai, the flow came back to his batting with a steady 72*. The star of the day was Devdutt Padikkal. At one stage, Padikkal was on 80* (36) while Kohli was still in his twenties. That is domination. One to watch out for sure. With Maxwell & AB De Villiers already performing, Kohi-Padikkal’s form at the top is yet another box ticked.
- Speaking of which, RCB finally have their death bowling figured out. Mohammad Siraj & Harshal Patel have been the pick of the bowlers. Siraj is giving RCB ideal starts with eye catching in-swinging deliveries while Harshal Patel’s off cutters are too hot to handle. While Patel is the purple cap holder with 12 wickets to his name, Siraj is #6 on the economy charts with a miserly 6.06 economy to go with his five wickets.
Broken Cricket Dream of the Day: RR’s Campaign Going South Quickly
- Manan Vohra is not giving RR the starts that they want. With only 3 fifties in more than 50+ IPL games, it is not a particularly impressive record. Ben Stokes’ injury, release of Robin Uthappa, and Liam Livingstone going home (due to bio bubble fatigue), these are not good signs for RR. Already at the bottom of the table, they need a few Tewatia shows to rescue them from that position.
IPL 2021 Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap Leaders
No need to go elsewhere for the Points Table, Orange Cap, & Purple Cap. We will keep updating it in every article!
- Shikhar Dhawan – 231 runs (DC, 4 matches)
- Harshal Patel – 12 wickets (RCB, 4 matches)
|Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. Royal Challengers Bangalore||4||4||0||0||8||+ 1.009|
|2. Chennai Super Kings||4||3||1||0||6||+1.142|
|3. Delhi Capitals||4||3||1||0||6||+0.426|
|4. Mumbai Indians||4||2||2||0||4||+0.187|
|5. Sunrisers Hyderabad||4||1||3||0||2||-0.228|
|6. Kolkata Knight Riders||4||1||3||0||2||-0.7|
|7. Punjab Kings||4||1||3||0||2||-0.824|
|8. Rajasthan Royals||4||1||3||0||2||-1.011|
MI takes on PBKS tomorrow. What are your thoughts?
Also, if you have not yet read our IPL Previews, here is a list of all of them! Check them out and share ahead:
- Chennai Super Kings – CSK Preview
- Delhi Capitals – DC Preview
- Kolkata Knight Riders – KKR Preview
- Mumbai Indians – MI Preview
- Punjab Kings – PBKS Preview
- Rajasthan Royals – RR Preview
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – RCB Preview
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – SRH Preview
Copyright (2021: 4/12/2021)– @Nitesh Mathur, aka Nit-X – email@example.com